How Does the Barcelona Card Work?
The Barcelona Card is an incredible tourism pass that can not only be used for public transport, but for discounted entry to numerous museums and attractions in Barcelona.
Let’s see how the Barcelona Card works.
How Do I Use the Barcelona Card?
First of all, you have to purchase your card online or at one of the various information points around Barcelona.
Naturally, I recommend picking it up online.
Not only does it free up more time to start checking off the best things to do in Barcelona, but it’s cheaper as well.
Yes, you also get a 10% online discount by booking with Barcelona Turisme (the official tourism board and creator of the card) using the button below:
In order to complete your purchase, simply follow the 4 easy steps below;
- During the purchase process, you will be asked to enter only one name; if there are more people, the other holders can be added once the card has been collected. You will also have to enter your date of arrival in Barcelona and how many days you intend to stay. But don’t worry, because this isn’t set in stone.
- Once the purchase is complete, you will receive a voucher by email which will allow you to collect the card.
- Once in Barcelona, you can collect the card directly at the airport or at one of several information points in the city (in Placa Catalunya, the Columbus Statue, Plaza España, Sants Estació or Sagrada Familia) by showing the voucher.
- You will then be given your Hola Barcelona Travel Card (with transport card included), as well as a guide and a map of the city.
- To use the transport card, simply validate it at the machines; the validity will be calculated from the moment you use it for the first time until the date of expiry (48, 72, 96 or 120 hours).
- To use your Barcelona card, simply present it to any of the listed attractions and museums to get in for free, or receive your discount.
Still Wondering How to Use the Barcelona Card Discount Pass?
Easy, isn’t it?
That said, do have any more questions on how the Barcelona Card works? Or about planning your Barcelona itinerary?
Ask me in the comments below for custom Barcelona travel advice! 💃
May 23, 2023 at 7:52 pmHi there!! Great job on the sight!! All the info ypu provide is amazing and so helpful!!! My question is, how can I add another person to the Barcelona Card?? And can the discount be used online for the attractions or only in person once we arrive at the attraction??
May 26, 2023 at 3:46 pmHello Cristina, The Barcelona Card is unipersonal so you cannot use the discount for anybody else. It is not an online discount card, it is to be presented at the ticket windows. The Barcelona Digital Pass is online, if you want to book it all from home. Cheers,