Getting from Barcelona Airport to the cruise port is a common journey.
With over 2 million cruisers annually, it’s no surprise then that there are half a dozen airport to cruise terminal transfers on offer.
I’m gonna break down the best Barcelona airport to port (and vice versa) options for a smooth and hassle-free transfer experience.
How to Get from Barcelona Airport to the Cruise Ship Port
Private Transfer from El Prat to Cruise Terminal
Why take a private transfer from Barcelona Airport to the Barcelona cruise port?
Because it’s a seamless port-to-port experience without lifting a finger.
You know the movies with the guy holding the sign with your last name? That’s just what you’ll get.
Here’s some quick benefits of booking a private transfer:
- Personalized Service: The driver waits for you in the terminal holding a sign bearing your name.
- No Lifting: Big suitcases after a long flight? No worries. The driver will take them off your hands.
- Efficiency: In cruise/high season a private transfer eliminates 20-30 minutes of waiting for a taxi.
- Punctuality: Guarantee your arrival without being at the whim of ticket lines or even strikes.
- Privacy: Travel in the comfort of a private vehicle without the hassle of navigating public transport.
This is especially good for groups of up to 7 people – it works out to as little as €13.57 per person.
Best of all, you can have it all booked in advance from the comfort of home – and be picked up right outside your cruise ship, right outside airport arrivals, or at any hotel in the city:
Using the button below allows for buy now/pay later transfer tickets and free cancellation up to 24 hours before.
Taxi from the Airport in Barcelona to the Cruise Port
Why take a taxi from Barcelona airport to the cruise terminal?
Because it’s one of the fastest ways to get to the cruise port, and the prices are better than a private transfer
The distance between Barcelona Airport and the Cruise Port is roughly 15.3 km, translating to a 20-minute taxi ride with no traffic.
Taking taxis in Barcelona is easy, and there’s no chance of getting ripped off since they run on the meter.
- Fare: A standard fare from the airport to the pier is approximately €40.00.
- Availability: Taxis are readily available at both airport terminals, though waits can be high during cruise season.
- Convenience: Many cruise companies recommend taxis as the most straightforward transfer method.
You can book your taxi to the cruise port in advance using the button below:
Public Transport: A Cost-Effective Alternative
Why take public transport from the airport to cruise port? To save money – that’s it!
Barcelona public transport connects the airport to the cruise terminals, with several combinations to get you there:
- Train and Metro: The R2 Nord train from the airport takes you to the Barcelona Passeig de Gràcia train station. From there, the L3 metro line (green) will bring you three stops closer to the Drassanes station.
- Aerobus and Metro: The Aerobus service from the airport goes to the city center. From the Plaça d’Espanya stop, you can take the L3 metro to Drassanes.
Drassanes metro is the closest metro to the cruise port – it’s right by the famous Columbus Monument.
The journey to the World Trade Centre (WTC) terminals from here typically spans 10 to 15 minutes on foot.
However, for Terminals A, B, C, and D it’s advisable to opt for the Cruise Bus or a taxi due to distance.
The Cruise Bus: Connecting All Cruise Terminals from La Rambla
The Cruise Bus, also known as the T3 or Portbus, is a shuttle service linking all the cruise ship terminals to the city – to the bottom of the famous Las Ramblas in Barcelona.
One way tickets cost €3.00 (€4.00 round trip).
You grab the T-3 Portbus just a couple minutes’ walk from Drassanes station – right under the Columbus Statue (pictured).
Here’s a map showing where to grab the Cruise Bus:
Having trouble understanding? Just write me in the comments below and I can walk you through it! 🤝
Barcelona Cruise Port to Airport FAQ
What’s the fastest way from Barcelona airport to the cruise terminal?
The fastest way to get to the cruise terminal from Barcelona airport is by booking a private transfer. Once you’re picked up right in the terminal you’ll have about a 25 minute drive door to door.
How do I get from Barcelona airport to cruise port?
To get to the cruise port from Barcelona airport you can book a private transfer, take a taxi, or use a combination of public transport – for this visitors typically take the Aerobus to Plaza Catalunya, change for the metro to Drassanes, and grab the Cruise Bus from there.
How much is a taxi from Barcelona airport to the port?
A taxi from Barcelona airport to the cruise port costs around €40.00 depending on luggage and other supplements (evening, holiday etc.)
How far is Barcelona airport from the cruise terminal?
Barcelona airport is about 16 kilometers (9.9 miles) to the cruise terminal and the total trip with a car will take 15 minutes in optimal traffic conditions.
Still Wondering How to Get to the Cruise Port from BCN Airport?
I’ve outlined the best ways to get to the cruise port, but maybe you’ve got a special situation that needs custom advice.
Whether you’re asking about cruise terminal transfers or anything else – don’t be afraid to reach out in the comments below!